who we are
We help our clients to stay ahead of their competition by blending unique cross-platform experience design with well-versed engineering expertise, across touchpoint like web, mobile, car, watch or TV.
blended.io, the agency/startup business that Patrick and me cofounded in Barcelona & Berlin, is looking for a talented and experienced interaction designer with a focus on strategy, interaction design, information architecture, concept, prototyping, usability and user testing.
what to do
- Focus on concept, information architecture and interaction design for platform and system applications
- Work with visual designers to conceptualize, create, refine and build the visual experience
- Work in an agile environment with great developers to fully implement the experience that has been designed
- We do not mind not having diplomas, but in either case you have to show us why you are talented, what have you have done and what you love to do next
- The ideal person has some product management experience or wants to acquire those skills (we work with startups and SMB which appreciate our knowledge and expertise on product related questions, not a must)
- Start: as soon as possible
- Freelance to hire position preferably
what you have done
- At least 3-4 years of experience working on mid- to highly complex applications, systems and architectures (working on e.g. interaction design, information architecture)
- Worked in either a (non-marketing-driven) startup, a digital product company or digital agency (publishing agencies do not count)
- Worked with prototyping tools like Omnigraffle, Axure, proto.io or Invision and are familiar with Sketch or Illustrator type of applications
- Worked in an agile environment close-handed with designers, product managers and engineers
- Have done your own side projects (perferred but not a must)
why we do it
@blended.io we believe that top notch digital services and physical products can only be achieved with a deep understanding in engineering coupled with a holistic take on User Experience. Neither engineering expertise alone will make products and services successful, one needs the deep understanding of people and their behaviour as well as the curiosity for why people behave as they do. On the flip side, neither experience design alone will be able to achieve that. It needs the blended of Experience & Engineering.