who we are
Management consultants do the talking, blended executes and delivers.
We help our clients to stay ahead of their competition by blending unique cross-platform experience design with well-versed engineering expertise across diverse customer touch-points. The team at blended.io is looking for a talented software UI Designer with a focus on concept, visual design and design definitions (for implementation).
IMPORTANT: If your work mainly shows projects in Branding, Art Direction or offline products, we urge you to show us (not just tell in writing), why you are the right person for the job.
what you have done
We do not mind not having degrees from pedigree universities, BUT you have to prove that you can do/have done a great job in the past and that you can deliver what you promise.
- At least 1-3 years of experience working on mid- to highly complex applications, systems and architectures (a landing page is not software)
- Worked in teams that deliver software solutions to startups, SMB or corporations
- Can show a proven track record of establishing the structure of applications by designing content layouts and navigation
- Excellent knowledge of best practices and current trends
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at practicing a lean UX approach
- Good at presenting designs & articulating design decisions
- Good at accepting feedback and design critique
- Excellent organizational skills and orientation to detail
- Good communication skills as this a remote position
- (Some) experience using Agile methods to deliver software solutions is preferred
Preferred, knowledge in:
- Experience with Sketch and InVision is a plus
- Experience working on B2B products
what you will support on (not limited to)
- A remote, freelance collaboration that lasts
- Build up and define visual UIs based on experience, current trends and what you think will be on vogue in the years to come
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, style guides, and specifications
- Create UI specifications based on the tools at hand for implementation with frontend developers
- Work with Sketch, Omnigraffle, and/or Axure depends on business/client need
- Work in an agile environment to fully implement the experience that has been designed
- Work in teams with great engineers who know that services and solutions have to be usable to be successful
- Be involved in the entire UX process from start to finish (research up until implementation)
- Start: as soon as possible
why we do, what we do
At blended.io we believe that top notch digital services and physical products can only be achieved with a deep understanding in engineering coupled with a holistic take on User Experience. Neither engineering nor design experience alone make products and services successful.